First I would like to apologize that this Terrific Tuesday is coming out on Thursday, but I have been ill this week and the medicine that I am on has had me sleeping for the last few days. However, I am getting better and will soon be back to my old self and blogging often.
With that being said I would love to introduce you to someone that I have been friends with for a while online. She happens to be one of the most inspirational and motivating people that I know. She has a wonderfully kind spirit and happens to inspire me on a daily basis. I love chatting with her. It is so awesome.
She has one of the coolest businesses I have seen online and I would love for you to get to know the mind behind The Inspired Marketer. So without further ado please meet my lovely and ever inspiring friend Loreen Muzik!
Loreen you talk often of inspiring others to follow their passion. I love that you call yourself an inspired marketer. Can you tell me what inspiration means to you? And what does it mean to be an inspiration marketer?
Inspiration means to me a stirring of the soul to elevate so that we may realize our dreams. I know when I’m inspired because my inner being shines and my energy level rises and I have that knowing… the confidence that I can be, do and have all that I desire in this life.
Inspired marketing is simply harnessing the power of Universal energy to create and emit messages that resonate with and inspire your avatar.
You know you are an inspired marketer when you consciously leverage your energy and elevate it to a frequency that inspires other like hearted individuals to rise to their best and feel as if they can be, do and have all that they desire in their lives.
It’s a calling to follow our passions. When we follow our passion and purpose in life and give freely of our gifts to the world we elevate our own prosperity as well as the prosperity of others.
You help other people find their passion and then learn how to create that into a business that they will love. Can I ask how did you find your passion? And can you tell us a little bit about how someone goes about finding their passion?
I believe that I have always known my passions – and that each of us has more than one passion in life. I knew from the time I was 10 or 11 though that I wanted to inspire others. I thought at the time that meant I would have to learn to be a “motivational speaker” because that was what I read in books and saw on tv.
I now know that my purpose to inspire can be shared with the world through any topic I have a passion for (In my case it’s the Universal Laws) and any vehicle I have a passion for… writing, speaking, teaching, creating, inspired marketing, etc.
That being stated… like so many others… had you asked me two years ago I would have said I have no idea what my passion is and how I can create a business from it. People say do what you “love” and you will never work a day in your life. I could NOT wrap my head around how I could possibly prosper just by inspiring another human being… that just didn’t compute in my “traditional, corporate” mindset.
I know many others have been there as well. We each know what our passions are it’s what we love to do, what comes naturally to us… what others say we are so good at, what they come to us for more than anything else. WE just tend to somehow discount that gift that we’ve been given because it seems “too easy” to us or we can’t translate how we could create a business from it.
Here are two things that anybody can do to “find their passion”:
1. Set the intention – set your heart and mind to identifying your purpose in life and at least one passion that you would like to pursue. Ask yourself: What do I love to be, do and have? Journal anything that comes up… the answer is there!
2. Afformations – my absolute FAVORITE way to shift your energy and your mindset. Harness the power you have… yourself, your inner being, your soul, your heart… whatever you like to call it to get the answers to your empowering questions. Simply ask and then be present and aware. You will notice your energy shifting as you repeat these questions to yourself. The answers may come to you quickly or over time.
Here are three afformations to get you started:
- Why do my passions and purpose in life reveal themselves to me now?
- Why does pursuing my passion in life come so easily to me now?
- Why does doing what I love help so many others to do what they love?
Would you mind sharing a little bit of your back ground into how you became a work from home entrepreneur?
I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur, as long as I can remember. But, like so many others went the “traditional job” route because it was the “smart” thing to do for my future. I’m sure you can relate! And, I did really well in corporate, I worked in Human Resources, loved my career and earned a great deal of money. I didn’t see a way to “leave” it to start my own business… in fact, I made every excuse in the book why NOT to start.
Then, in March of 2009, I lost my Executive position and with it my 6-figure income. A true gift from the Universe! I decided right then and there, NOW is my time to BE, DO, and HAVE all that I want in life. And… the way I will do that is to finally be an entrepreneur – to start my own business.
The rest, as they say is history. Don’t get me wrong, the journey has not been without it’s struggles, setbacks and difficult lessons but, every dollar spent, every hour of work put in has improved my life in exponential ways that I never before realized when I was working for someone else in a traditional job!
Besides your passion for helping others find their path and create what they love, what other things do you enjoy doing? Do you have a schedule that you keep so you cannot only work your passion, but pursue the things that make you happy in life as well?
Ahhh, my business is so much my passion that much of what I enjoy “outside” of it is also a part of it. I am a lifelong learner and adore reading personal development and inspirational books. I usually have 2 or 3 books that I am reading at any one time.
I also enjoy spending time with my husband and we have the great gift of being able to work from home together. So, when the weather is right we truly enjoy going on long rides on our Harley – we enjoy the scenery and the time together just “being”.
The harmony in my life does not come from a schedule. It truly comes from honoring my energy and my creative flow. When I feel I am in what I call “output” mode… I am joyfully creating and developing my business, that can last for hours or even days on end. When I am in what I call “intake” mode… I am joyfully learning, either attending webinars, seminars or watching videos to expand my personal being or business or I am reading to gain new insights. And finally, when I am in “harmony” mode is when I feel the draw to do the things I enjoy outside of the other two – anything from meditating, to working out, to riding the Harley, spending time in nature to going out for sushi and a movie… when my heart says it’s time to just “be” I listen.
Unlike some, I have the freedom to simply honor my heart and go with the flow. It can seem odd to others who are used to creating or working on a schedule. But it truly works for me to tune in to my energy source and simply honor it. It’s the most efficient and effective way to harness energy and achieve.
I like to call my process my Inspired Achiever Map (I AM) it’s a break from traditional SMART goal setting and achievement on a deadline or schedule. I guess it’s part of who I am, if I don’t find something that resonates with me… I create it. I think that’s in the souls of many entrepreneurs.. it’s not about the money, it’s about the freedom to be, do and have all that we desire.
I love the quote that you have on your website and it is so very true. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” Beverly Sills. I think that a lot of people get confused with the launches and opportunities out there and do not realize that all of them are wonderful, but that they are all just a vehicle to getting from point A to point B. They are not some magic pill or button or software that will keep you from having to do the work. Can you share some of your thoughts on this?
This quote has been a driving force in my journey and in my business. Because trust me – I’ve fallen into that terrible “microwave” trap of instant wealth is just beyond this “pay now” button! You and I BOTH know it doesn’t work… I know because I spend thousands chasing after it only to realize I was throwing my money away.
Nothing… no software, no tool, no program will provide you with the “whole” transformation that you desire. Yes, you can find a cool piece, or even a really great tip or process but ultimately, creating a business online is no different than creating a business offline… it takes, time, energy and action on your part to succeed. The biggest differences between the two are that online business has a very low barrier to entry (you can get started for very little investment) and it really does create wonderful opportunities to leverage your time and knowledge via automation.
And please tell me why it is that we seem to ignore the 2, 10 or even 20 years it took another to become an “overnight” success?
I’ll share this analogy with you as it relates to this quote and my journey: as the shortcuts, immediacy and urgency increase in our “microwave society” the less and less we seem to enjoy and welcome the present, the more and more we seem to value immediate gratification – instant businesses, instant wealth, instant happiness, instant friendships, instant being, growth and awakening.
Can you recall ever taking a road trip vacation? What was the best and most memorable part of that experience? What story or stories did you share with your friends and family when you returned? Was it “arriving” at your destination? Or was it the adventure you had along the way -
- the wonderful local residents you met at the restaurant you had to eat at while your flat tire was being repaired
- the home made pie that tasted like heaven that Mama restaurant owner made from scratch that they don’t have at the chain restaurants on the highways of life
- the little boy who touched your heart when he played guitar and sang his own tune at the gas station across the street to earn money for his family
Experiences that stir the soul come from the unexpected turns and roads we take “off the map”. The challenges we overcome, the people we are blessed to meet, the times we have to stop and BE present.
Many of us desperately want to believe that the “shortcuts” of life are the highways – the FAST toll ways – just pay the toll and your ideal life, achievement, success or desire is on the other side.
While we fail to see that the toll ways are “the hype” the “get rich quick” pitfalls, the “microwave society” calling us for a less than nutritious meal – it may seem fast and easy but, we miss the most important part of the journey – the experiences we have, the lessons we learn and most importantly, the relationships we develop when we stop in the small towns along the way to rest, relax and just enjoy the scenery.
That’s the true magic of the shortcuts of life – they are NOT on the highways! The joy is in the journey.
And I’ll just leave you with this… many people “win” the lottery and mega millions… only to lose it all shortly there after… why? Because they’ve not done the internal work of elevating their wealth consciousness. WE have to BE wealthy to maintain wealthy. We cannot buy wealth or success.
Do you have any other success tips that you would like to share that you think might be helpful for someone trying to live their dreams and create the life and business that they want?
Absolutely I do. Here are some of the tips I’d love to share:
- You ARE worthy and you CAN do it. You have come here with a gift for the world and you are meant to share it… it is the key to unlock the treasure chest that holds all of your desires. Believe that, trust it and listen to your heart.
- Be present and aware – the magic of your Universal GPS coordinates are delivered in the moments – there are no coincidences… just coordinates to help move you closer to that which you desire. When you are aware, you can take inspired action; otherwise you are allowing the thoughts, desires and choices of others to determine your results.
- Find your passion!! If it doesn’t light you up inside and keep you up at night joyfully energized… it’s NOT what you are meant to gift to this world.
- Be authentic and true to yourself – no matter what – your unique gift IS your path to prosperity
- Create genuine connections with like-hearted individuals, a tribe of other online entrepreneurs is the best gift you can give yourself. Home-based entrepreneur does not mean “home alone”! There are thousands of energized spirits out here just waiting to connect with you and “be” on this journey together. Can make for great joint ventures as well.
- Give freely that which you want to receive. Don’t like traditional marketing… change it, I DID! “Be the change you wish to see in the world” ~ Gandhi
- What you desire… give to another first. If you want to prosper and succeed… help another to prosper and succeed first. What you offer must provide value to another.
- Find a mentor and be willing to invest in yourself to find the path that best suits you. A mentor may come in the form of a coach or consultant or even program that illuminates your path and ignites your light. Be willing to do the work, be honest with yourself and be patient.
Dinner is too formal to me, but dessert is fun, so lastly if you could have dessert with any one person who would that be and why?
I’d have dessert with Oprah because she embodies the journey and the process that most resonates with me. She is the most inspired marketer I know of… she inspires, is inspired and knows how to elevate her frequency to attract all that she desires in life while at the same time elevating prosperity for all who surround her.
See why I think Loreen is so amazing and inspiring. I love getting to spend my time with people like Loreen that are making a difference in their lives and in the lives of others.
If you would love to more about Loreen hop over to The Inspired Marketer and let her help you find your GPS to living your passion. And if you would like to connect with The Inspired Marketer on Facebook then feel free to like her page and leave her a message. I promise you will love the road and the journey it will take you on. If you liked this article you should hop over and leave her a message on The Inspired Marketer Facebook wall. I am sure she would love to hear from you.
Happiness, Health, Wealth, and Freedom!
“The Mindset Master”
P.S. I made a decision to live my life after watching a cheesy video. You can too, just decide to get in now!